We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Indy early January - need advice, please

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee
3 posts
Save Topic
Moving to Indy early January - need advice, please

Hello!

I am moving VERY soon to Indy from Milwaukee for a new job. I have tons of questions (I'll have to ask them later when I'm there) but the one i have now is this:

I will be renting for a year - looking for any recomendations on a safe and quiet neighborhood that also has some fun stuff around. I am way out of college, but I'm not old. I'm single. I will be working downtown. Flexible on rent, looking for a house or apartment.

Is Broad Ripple all college students? (No offence, just like a quiet life) I heard it's cool?

What about downtown or nearby?

Sorry for all the questions, I appreciate any info as I have to move in a few weeks, and I know virtually nothing about the different neighborhoods.

Thanks in advance.

JM

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving to Indy early January - need advice, please

Welcome to Indianapolis. I lived in Milwaukee (West Allis) growing up for 5 years back in '66-'72. Here in Indy I'm partial to the westside. You might look around the 56th Street area by I 465. There are some pretty nice apartments there. The Colts complex is at that intersection as well as Eagle Creek Park. ECP is the country's biggest municipal owned park. To downtown Indy from there it is about a 20 minute drive during rush hour. I USED to like to go to Broad Rippe in my 20's. The crowd there is still pretty much in that group, however, there are plenty of nice restaurants and shops in that area. About a 20 min drive to downtown there also. Downtown there are plenty of nice places to live and activities to enjoy. If you can give me some of your hobbies, things like to do, etc. I can probably be more help

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,857 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moving to Indy early January - need advice, please

If you are under the age of 35, you would enjoy the Broad Ripple area. Also to be considered (even if you aren't under 35!) are downtown and also the Keystone at the Crossing areas, both very good locations for restaurants and things to do plus shopping. Keystone at the Crossing area would also take about 20 or so min to get downtown.

3. Re: Moving to Indy early January - need advice, please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 05:27