We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thursday pit walk around times

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
thursday pit walk around times

hi - we will be arriving late on thursday. they haven't posted the times for the pit walk around but figure they are likely same-ish every year. we missed it last year so hopefully not this year.

help please!

tks.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thursday pit walk around times

I'm going to have to check on a "pit walk around". I'm guessing this is a Carburation Day activity sometime after the normal practice period - which is typically from about 11a to 1p. Over the last several years, there has been a pretty good rock concert behind the Pagoda after the pitstop competition - usually in the mid-afternoon.

Will repost if I can find out anything specific.

Dave

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thursday pit walk around times

thanks. i should have been more specific -- is the grand prix weekend that we are looking for. thanks for responding as i thought everybody would be watching footy-ball... except the girls!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
819 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: thursday pit walk around times

Will check for you also. Yes, yesterday everyone was watching THE COLTS beat the Patriots...............even the girls.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
819 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: thursday pit walk around times

Right now on The Indianapolis Motor Speedway website (www.brickyard.com) it has the pit walkabout list on Thursday June 14 with no times yet. I'll ask my Toronto connection about it. I think it's Usually about 10 a.m.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: thursday pit walk around times

The current schedule for the pit "walk around" is from 9a until noon.

Time is subject to change (and, of course, Bernie's whim).

Dave

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: thursday pit walk around times

well..... not too excited about the times. were hoping it would go later but oh well. even up here in calgary, canada did give in to watch your colts do a great comeback!

you guys are great sources of info - thanks.

7. Re: thursday pit walk around times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 05:24
Get answers to your questions about Indianapolis