We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant/lodging suggestions

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
516 posts
164 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant/lodging suggestions

I'll be in Muncie at the end of the month for my daughter to tour and meet with representatives from BSU. We will be there 2 nights. I have taken a look at the lists here on Trip Advisor and read the reviews. Just wondering if anyone could suggest a couple of fun restaurants with good food, preferably non-chain. Also, some recommendations for lodging. We will have a car, so getting to campus won't be a problem.

noblesville, Indiana
Level Contributor
617 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant/lodging suggestions

Hi toelle,

Seems like there is a Best Western on Bethel right near campus. It's in a fairly good area & parents frequently stay there. There's also a couple of chain hotel/motels on the north side that might work. Google "Muncie hotel/motel" & look for ones on the north side. For good, reasonable eats you must go to the King Buffet on McGalliard Rd. on the north side of town. Lunch is an especially good deal. Seven or 8 bucks gets you a great buffet with grilled to order meats & lots of seafood. It's in Rosewood Plaza (or something similar) across from Marsh Supermarket. It's always crowded, but you should have no problem unless you hit it after church on an early Sunday afternoon. My nephew is at BSU & loves it. Hope you have a fun visit. Visiting colleges is very exciting!

SB2

Edited: 10 March 2010, 15:36
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
516 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant/lodging suggestions

Thanks so much for the suggestions. Yes, visiting colleges is exciting, and we are particularly anxious to see BSU and its telecommunications building. The university has been quite welcoming to my daughter, and is more than willing to show her everything she wants to see. Not all colleges do that! So right now, we think very highly of BSU. Thanks again.

3. Re: Restaurant/lodging suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2010, 06:34
Get answers to your questions about Muncie
Recent Conversations