We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping and Hotels in Muncie

LaPorte,Indiana
Level Contributor
57 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping and Hotels in Muncie

Will be traveling to BSU in a couple of weeks to tour BSU with my Daughter. Are there any shopping malls, and movie theaters? Any opinions on The Hampton, and how close it is to BSU. Muncie safe?

Cardinal Greenway
Parks, Biking Trails, Hiking Trails
Minnetrista
Speciality Museums
Escape Muncie
Room Escape Games
Tonne Winery
Wineries & Vineyards
2 replies to this topic
Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
9,005 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping and Hotels in Muncie

Can't help you with anything specific based on personal experience (hopefully a local will chime in), but thought I'd give it the old college (pun intended) with some general comments, observations, suggestions, etc.

1. As for the Hampton, realizing that exactly where you're wanting to go on campus will matter, using Google maps it appears this hotel is ~1 mile from the near edge of campus and I'd say about 2 miles "average" and ~3 miles from the farther reaches. I'd probably say 10 minute drive (+/-) to most of the university.

2. As for opinion on the Hampton, have you read the TA reviews? There seems to be a fair number of current reviews and it is top rated in Muncie (now, I don't put too much emphasis on minor differences in rankings, but instead look at them in tiers), but clearly some think it is one of the best in Muncie.

3. Using Google maps, it appears the Muncie Mall is ~3 miles almost due east of the Hampton. There appears to be some shopping near the hotel too (mostly big box stores) and a strip mall on the way to the Muncie Mall. Can't give you any specifics on the Mall, but I would think Google will give you a website for it. Didn't look much beyond that, there might other shopping clusters as well.

4. Not sure about movie theaters and don't have enough time to look. Suggest you use google and/or movie theater focused sites such as flixster,

Hope this helps,

hlo

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
927 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping and Hotels in Muncie

Spent 4 years at BSU and go back to visit at least once year. The Hampton Inn is probably the nicest Muncie/BSU area hotel. This means it is usually the most expensive. It's about 2.5 miles from the center of campus. There are 2 AMC movie theatres in Muncie. One being about 1/2 mile from the Hampton Inn right off Bethel Ave. The other is over by the Muncie Mall, the main location for any shopping being done in Muncie which is about 4 miles from the Hampton Inn. Muncie is primarily a college town and if your daughter decides to go to BSU I would suspect most of her interactions will be around campus and the mall area which both are relatively safe

Reply to: Shopping and Hotels in Muncie
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Muncie
Recent Conversations