We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hills O'Brown rental company: triple thumbs up

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
C S
Culver, Indiana
2 posts
Save Topic
Hills O'Brown rental company: triple thumbs up

After reading a long and convoluted post, i just would like to say that our experience of HOB has been extremely positive. We have rented from them several times with great results. Research your cabin ahead of time, and be clear about what you want; they will provide you with the information you need, and the extra support you need if the weather gets bad (they will send the snow plows, etc) or anything goes wrong. Many of the cabins are gorgeous, and the owners as well as HOB take obvious pride in helping you have a good stay. Good communications are always the key here. We had a problem once, and HB were right on it.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,337 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hills O'Brown rental company: triple thumbs up

I feel obligated to point out that OP has a relationship with HOB.

I'm not saying anything in the post is false, but other postings in this forum (in violation of TA's guidelines) indicate that OP owns a cabin in Briwn County which is managed by HOB.

If this doesn't merit the posting being taken with a grain of salt, well then I don't know what does.

2. Re: Hills O'Brown rental company: triple thumbs up

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 January 2012, 03:56
Edited: 30 January 2012, 03:56
Indiana
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hills O'Brown rental company: triple thumbs up

Warning, we should have read the reviews before renting a cabin from this company. The cabin was nice, somewhat dusty under the furniture and the furniture was a little worn. Cleaning service left a partially full water bottle sticking out from underneath the bedside table. We didn't think it was a big deal and didn't mention it while there until five days after we left. We were charged $60 extra for cleaning and $100 for a broken bedframe we did not break. It was being supported by books and a piece of cement block. I don't know who did this ridiculous "fix" but it was not us. Then she said the cabin was messier than usual. She made it sound as though we trashed the cabin! Sent a photo of dust in the dustpan and one candy wrapper. The manager chose to believe the cleaning service over us. There was a lot of dishonesty here and not on our part. If you are considering renting a cabin from these people, make sure you are prepared to pay more than you originally planned.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
9 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hills O'Brown rental company: triple thumbs up

I concur that HOB is a great company! We have rented several different cabins over the years and have never been disappointed. The cabins are ALWAYS clean and the rules very clear, but not unacceptable. We will continue renting from them always!

Indiana
Level Contributor
35 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hills O'Brown rental company: triple thumbs up

The random people who never post and suddenly feel the need to pop up and defend this company is baffling.

And suspicious.

Indiana
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hills O'Brown rental company: triple thumbs up

Exactly my thoughts! Very, very suspicious.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
9 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hills O'Brown rental company: triple thumbs up

I just started posting not too long ago. I am not a random person, just someone that has not had any trouble with HOB. I'm sorry that you have. I hope I never have to experience what you did. I will continue to patronize this company unless I, too, am treated poorly. Have a nice day!

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,337 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hills O'Brown rental company: triple thumbs up

I can't speak for everyone saying HOB is good/great, and not meaning to imply it is the case, but we have do have a history of at least some of the people signing their praises also having a business relationship with HOB (owning cabins which HOB rents).

Again, I'm *not* saying it is the case with everyone who gives HOB a thumbs up, but on the other hand, we have seen evidence that this is the case with at least some people posting on HOB threads.

Future readers can take this for what they will,

hlo

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
9 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hills O'Brown rental company: triple thumbs up

I can see your point, however, being a new poster it is very irritating to be accused of being untruthful.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,337 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hills O'Brown rental company: triple thumbs up

Flower,

I can understand your irritation and ask that you consider for a moment the "other side" and think about why your postings have been viewed (and/or suggested that other may want to view them) with some skepticism.

1. We have a relatively new TA member, who has only a handful of forum postings.

2. All but 100% of the postings relate to HOB and are uniformly positive (perhaps/arguably overly so) and at least some of the discussion seems based on photos seen on the web rather than first hand knowledge.

3. There some other aspects, that I won't (and/or can't) go into at this time, that tend to at least "tickle at" if not actually send up red flags. I think you'll learn to recognize these after you've been around TA for a longer time.

Again, I want to make it clear that I'm not accusing you of anything wrong (or *most* others that have posted regarding HOB, the postings I "did* see as wrong have been removed based on violations of TA guidelines). I'm merely trying to point out to you the reasons that the recent spate of HOB related postings may (or are) being viewed in the way they are, and that I don't think it is unreasonable to view them with some skepticism.

hlo

Get answers to your questions about Nashville