We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday World with a 2.5 year old

Lincoln, Illinois
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday World with a 2.5 year old

We are planning to go to Holiday world either 1 or 2 days. Still trying to decide. Can you give me any recommendations on what would be best. Not sure if were going on on the 4th of July or if we'll go another day. Any help would be great, thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,541 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday World with a 2.5 year old

2 days is what we have done in recent years. (1 day for the water park and 1 day for the dry park.) This is a much more relaxing time as we can stay in one area of the park and ride till they close without trying to hurry to ride everything.

Independence Day will be very busy. If you don't mind a lot of people and long lines, go for it - I think they are having a huge firework show at night.

If you want less crowd and short lines, go during the week on a non-holiday week.

Lincoln, Illinois
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday World with a 2.5 year old

Ok thanks for the advice, where do you stay when you go?

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,541 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday World with a 2.5 year old

Here are my posts from your other thread with the same title: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g37506-i3600-k6590…

"Jun 17, 2013, 9:39 PM

What is your price range?

I just stayed at Lake Rudolph Campground Wednesday, Thrusday, and Friday nights... It was nice and clean and we had a great time! The shuttle bus to Holiday World was nice too!

All my previous trips, I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Corydon which was also nice for the most part, but it was a bit of a drive to and from the park...

Lake Rudolph has many events throughout the day that your 2.5 year old may enjoy, plus they have a pool and a couple playgrounds. http://www.lakerudolph.com/ "

"Jun 19, 2013, 10:09 PM

We stayed in a King RV that has 1 full and 1 half bath and 2 bedrooms. It was my wife and I, along with our friends and their 5year old daughter.

The full bath is small, my wife and I ended up using the showers in the bathhouse two of the three nights.

Our friends stayed a 4th night but moved to a standard RV and they thought that was nice too.

We also toured a Christmas Cabin which was very nice, but at $265, that is a bit pricy for only 1 bathroom."

Reply to: Holiday World with a 2.5 year old
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted