We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which rides have longest lines?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
746 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Which rides have longest lines?

Hi, we will be visiting Holiday World/Splashin' Safari next week. We are going to get there right at opening (one day for the water park, one day for the rides), and I thought we should try to go on the rides/slides with the longest lines first, when they are likely to be shorter (especially at the waterpark). Does anyone know which rides have the longest/slowest lines?

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which rides have longest lines?

What two days are you visiting?

In the waterpark on the weekends, the two water coasters, Mammoth and Wildebeest usually have long lines. I have waited an hour. The lines are much shorter on weekdays, but I would guess these will still have the longest lines in the park if it is a hot and sunny day.

The bigger water slides also have longer lines on the weekends. I will try to get their names right in this list: Bakuli (the toilet bowl water slide in the middle of the new lazy river). Zinga (the one with the cone next to the racer). Zoombabwe (the long purple pipe that goes over The Legend and is also next to the racer). Watubee (the long teal slide closer to the entrance of the waterpark).

In the dry park, if they are only running one train on the rollercoasters, the lines may not look long, but the wait time will be long. I have waited 45 minutes for both Voyage and The Legend in the past due to only one train running. The rest of the ride lines are hit and miss... In the evening, when the water park closes, a lot of the dry rides suddenly have much longer lines, so be prepared for an in-surge of riders waiting in line whenever the waterpark closes...

Don't forget the shows! My family loves the Dive Show and the 80's Rewind show. The earlier shows are not as crowded as the later shows. (I hope they have better mixing for the 80s show, they had mixing issues when we were there a few weeks ago.)

Have an awesome trip!!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
746 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which rides have longest lines?

Thank you! We are going on weekdays and hoping for good weather! We will hit the longer lines first.

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which rides have longest lines?

You're welcome! Have a great time!

4. Re: Which rides have longest lines?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2017, 18:15