We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halloween weekend events in the area

Which Shipshewana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MI
Level Contributor
68 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Halloween weekend events in the area

Hi. I have never been to this area and husband and I will spend two days here Halloween weekend. Wondering about events this weekend or places to see in the area as well as hotel or B and B recommendations. I am interested in pretty scenery, train rides, downtown areas and live entertainment. I would appreciate your suggestions. Also, may want to bring my small dog. Anyone know of pet friendly accomodations? Thanks!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halloween weekend events in the area

I would start with their visitors bureau website. www.backroads.org

You can also look at www.enjoyindiana.com for general Indiana information. They divide it into regions, so you can see things to do in neighboring areas.

Have a wonderful time!

MI
Level Contributor
68 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halloween weekend events in the area

Thank you. I checked that and saw information on Village of Winona Lake. Any personal experience with that area?

MI
Level Contributor
68 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halloween weekend events in the area

Thanks. I checked those sites and am thinking of Village of Winona Lake for part of the day. Do you recommend that?

noblesville, Indiana
Level Contributor
617 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halloween weekend events in the area

Winona Lake is nice. Nice shops & interesting history to the place. The Boathouse is a nice place to eat on the lake.

villageatwinona.com/boathouse-restaurant.asp

SB2

noblesville, Indiana
Level Contributor
617 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Halloween weekend events in the area

Did you get the idea that it is nice? But yes it would be good for a visit.

SB2

6. Re: Halloween weekend events in the area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2010, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Shipshewana
Recent Conversations