We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Notre Dame football experience - first time

Sunman, Indiana
Level Contributor
119 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Notre Dame football experience - first time

My wife surprised me and got me (2) tickets to the Boston college game and a nights stay in nearby Shipshewana.

I have always wanted to go to a game and now I get to live that dream.

I need help to maximize this experience. How early should you arrive, where is the best place to park?

Someone I work with said that there is some kind of pregame ritual where you can go and the players come out and walk to the stadium, where does this take place at?

Post game, I would assume that all places to eat will be packed, any ideas on a place that is nice but won't be packed?

I want to make this enjoyable for my wife also.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Notre Dame, Indiana
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Notre Dame football experience - first time

did you receive information? i am from the area and can help with some of your questions if you need answers -

just let me know

sharon

Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Notre Dame football experience - first time

My husband and I are attending the same game...and it is our first ND experience as well. We got a gret book through Amazon.com. You relly don't have much time, but if you can get your hands on NOTRE DAME GAME DAY, Getting there, Getting In, and Getting in the Spirit by Todd Tucker (a ND alum) all your your questions will be answered. It is a great book with all kinds of insider tips.

Sunman, Indiana
Level Contributor
119 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Notre Dame football experience - first time

So can you tell me some of the highlights of the book? I guess my biggest concerns are getting in, finding reasonable parking and then also getting back out.

Also, what is the tradition of the players and the cathedral prior to the game?

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Notre Dame football experience - first time

I'm very interested in any tips from anyone either.

Thanks!

5. Re: Notre Dame football experience - first time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 12:18
Get answers to your questions about South Bend