We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Bend hotel near ND or vicinity

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
South Bend hotel near ND or vicinity

My husband and I are making a trip to ND October 11-13th.

He has been a fan since he was very young and has always wanted to visit the ND campus. People say that it is just a different experience being there. We know we will probably never get to a game but he still wants to go to see the campus. Figuring during the week would be the best time.

Can someone tell me what nice hotels are in the general area that would be close to ND but also have access to local restaurants and bars.

Thanks so much.

South Bend, In
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: South Bend hotel near ND or vicinity

It is usally pretty hard to find a hotel in the area during a ND game, but if you stay farther away then it gets easier. The Toll Road dumps right out next to the ND campus, so if you stay anywhere near the toll road then you should be fine.

Traffic during game day is the same as LA or Chicago style rush hour traffic, and to park near ND on a game day you have to have a special pass. But if you park in a parking garage in South Bend instead, they do offer a shuttle from the College Football hall of fame to the ND campus. (80% certain of this so you might want to check.)

If your a ND fan then you must try out CJ Pub. It is a bar so no kids allowed but no fan should pass up the chance if they can.

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South Bend hotel near ND or vicinity

Thanks for the info...we will be there during the week so will not have to worry too much about traffic. So, I am hoping nothing else is going on during those dates that would fill out hotels. We definitely know about Chicago traffic. My husband is from the Chicago suburbs..we lived there the first 10 years we were married until we moved to Ky.

Where is CJ's pub? Is that near the campus?

3. Re: South Bend hotel near ND or vicinity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2007, 11:37
South Bend, In
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: South Bend hotel near ND or vicinity

wndu.com/news/…16uniqueeats_34193.php

They are located very close to ND, but it is on a one way street going South to North, and that street can be very busy during game days. Also, it is a popular local hangout for ND students and players so it can get very packed during game weekends.

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: South Bend hotel near ND or vicinity

Thanks...he will definitely want to check out that place.

Michigan
Level Contributor
332 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: South Bend hotel near ND or vicinity

I would stay at either the Inn at St. Mary's (just next to St. Mary's Campus, across the street from ND or the Morris Inn which is right on Notre Dame campus. Since you will be there mid week you shouldn't have trouble finding a room. Search this website for info. on both. Notre Dame is truly a magical place. Have fun.

south bend indiana
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: South Bend hotel near ND or vicinity

There are several nice reasonable hotels about 3 miles west of UND. they are on University Dr, Mishawaka. I recommend the Country Inn & Suites. Just about a year old, very nice & clean. It is at the northern most point of ALL of shopping & restaurants bounded by Main St to the east and Grape Rd to the west. That time of year the colors of the trees should be just breathtaking, like a picture postcard. A great time to visit campus.

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: South Bend hotel near ND or vicinity

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. I will check out all those places. I am hoping that rates won't be bad with it being midweek plus no games.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: South Bend hotel near ND or vicinity

Also check out the Holiday Inn Express in Mishawaka. It is not brand new but was just redone last year. I think that it used to be called Carlton Lodge. Anyhow, the hotel is an excellent place to stay and even provides a free continental breakfast with delicious cinnamon rolls. The hotel has a webpage at ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hotel/misud. Notre Dame is 3 miles from the hotel and there is an Applebees and an Olive Garden within walking distance of the hotel. Hope this helps.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: South Bend hotel near ND or vicinity

Just wanted to say that the Country Inn and Suites is not a new or newer hotel. It used to be a Holiday Inn Express and was closed for a while. Last year it was renovated and reopened as a Country Inn and Suites hotel.

Get answers to your questions about South Bend