We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Cedar Rapids---easy/safe to walk to any restaurants

Madison,WI
Level Contributor
114 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Marriott Cedar Rapids---easy/safe to walk to any restaurants

I'll be in Cedar Rapids for the first time this summer. We are staying at the Marriott since that is where the conference is. Are there any restaurants or bars in walking distance? I google mapped it and it looks like Biaggi's, Chili's, and Panera are close. I just can't get a sense of how busy the roads are/if they are safe for pedestrians. Thanks for any help!

Mentioned in this post
Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,116 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott Cedar Rapids---easy/safe to walk to any restaurants

The Marriott is on a very busy street. I've never noticed if there are sidewalks.

I think you can get to Chili's by just cutting through a couple of parking lots. If my feeble memory serves, Holiday Inn Express is next door and Chili's next to that. Panera would probably be possible as well.

Biaggi's is quite a bit further away. An easy drive, too far to walk.

Madison,WI
Level Contributor
114 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott Cedar Rapids---easy/safe to walk to any restaurants

Thank you for your reply.

Iowa
Level Contributor
300 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott Cedar Rapids---easy/safe to walk to any restaurants

The Marriott may be on a very busy street, but the restaurants mentioned in the original post are all on the same side of the street as the Marriott. So it shouldn't matter all that much. While Biaggi's is a chain restaurant, that particular Biaggi's is very good. I've eaten there many times and it's always delicious.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,116 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott Cedar Rapids---easy/safe to walk to any restaurants

So, you would walk on the shoulder of the road from the Marriott to Biaggi's. Doesn't sound like any fun to me......Without sidewalks, there is no way I'd walk very far.

Iowa
Level Contributor
300 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriott Cedar Rapids---easy/safe to walk to any restaurants

No not on the shoulder. Through the grass and parking lots. Biaggi's might be a little far but Chili's isn't.

6. Re: Marriott Cedar Rapids---easy/safe to walk to any restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Cedar Rapids
More Cedar Rapids Topics