We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to Minneapolis airport from Decorah??

Which Decorah hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
47 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation to Minneapolis airport from Decorah??

Hi all;

I posted here before about the best flight options from San Antonio, TX to get to Decorah and got great info. Now I need more specifica and possibly more challenging help.

I am bringing my photographer from Texas to Decorah for my March 19th wedding. She's an awesome photographer and personal friend. She has to be back in Texas as early as possible though after the wedding and so I had to book her a flight out of Minneapolis/St. Paul the following Sunday at 9:00 am. This means she needs to be at the airport by 8ish so it means if I drive her, I will have to be up and driving the morning after my wedding by 5 am in order to get there by 8, and I'm not relishing that!

Is the drive about 2.5 hours from Decorah to the St. Paul airport as I have read, or is it less than that?

I would love to be able to put her in a taxi or on a shuttle or something (so I can sleep in!) but I can't seem to find any options in Decorah to pay for her transport.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

2 replies to this topic
Des Moines, IA
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation to Minneapolis airport from Decorah??

I checked with the Decorah Area CVB and Brenda said...

My sister comes into Minneapolis all the time but none of us care for the 2.5 hr drive either. We use a service called "Rochester Direct." http://www.gorochesterdirect.com/index.html That means we drive her to Rochester (which is only about an hour from Decorah) and for $28 she uses their shuttle to go the rest of the way to the airport. It's a really convenient service.

If she doesn't want to make the trip to Rochester (or even Minneapolis) - there are two options in Decorah and Waukon that work on an individual basis. They have no set schedules but are usually very accommodating. They typically charge per mile.

Decorah Express - 563-382-5788

Little Wolf Trails - 563-568-8805

Good luck!

Mumbai (Bombay...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation to Minneapolis airport from Decorah??

I want to travel on Friday 30 Sep afternoon from Decorah to Bloomington MN to reach there by 7 PM. Could you help me find an economic transport route?

I am travelling alone

Ananth

Reply to: Transportation to Minneapolis airport from Decorah??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Decorah