We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adventrueland Des Moines

NEBRASKA
Level Contributor
14 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Adventrueland Des Moines

I would like some input about Adventureland. We are planning to take our extended family (son, daughter, spouses and 6 grandkids ages 9 mos to 7 years) to help celebrate out 40th anniversery. We are thinking of staying at the Adventureland motel as it is close but wondered if the extra cost was worth it?

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Des Moines
Level Contributor
509 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adventrueland Des Moines

The swimming pool at the Adventureland Inn is a big draw for the kids, and it's a nice pool. I guess the question of whether it's worth it or not to stay there depends on how much the pool interests your family. Another hotel in the Des Moines area that has a pool and is popular with families is the Stony Creek Inn in Johnston. It's about a 20 min. drive west of Adventureland.

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adventrueland Des Moines

There is also a Ramada in Des Moines right off of I-80 (about a 20 min drive) that has a new indoor water park you might want to check out.

http://www.ramadatropicsresort.com/

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Adventrueland Des Moines

I haven't been there for several years and I have never stayed there, but I have heard the rooms are very "dated". Clean, but need to be remodeled.

As someone else said, The Stoney Creek Inn is quite nice. Seems like there is also another hotel there close, maybe called The Settle Inn. I think they have theme rooms. I have never been there, but I think it is nice. Not sure how it compares in price. http://www.settleinn.com/

Personally, I don't think I would stay at Adventureland Inn.

Cedar Falls, Iowa
Level Contributor
5 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adventrueland Des Moines

Adventureland is a good "family" amusment park. I have to admit I havent been there in a few years, but was a frequenter when I was a younger child, and our family stayed at the Adventureland Inn whenever we used to go to the park.

The hotel itself has recently expanded and renovated. There is an extra pool, with water features for the kids. As well as a seperate pool with bar for the adults. There is an on site resturant, but I would just reccomend having Pizza Hut or Godfathers bring pizza (accross the street) deliver over to the hotel room as It would be much cheaper. I would reccomend staying at the hotel if you are looking for convenience. You do not have to hastle with parking, the hotel is within an eyeshot of the park, and offers free shuttle to and from the park. It is less hastle if for any reason you need to make an unexpected trip back to your hotel room during your visit to the park. There are also family suites that may better accomodate a larger family.

If you do choose to stay here I would highly reccomend booking your room(s) as soon as possible as the hotel books quickly especially druing peek summer months. Though that may be the case for many hotels within the Adventureland Park area

5. Re: Adventrueland Des Moines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 20:19