We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants open for Thanksgiving dinner

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants open for Thanksgiving dinner

We will be in the Des Moines area over Thanksgiving weekend for a football game. I have searched and searched online but cannot find any information about restaurants that will be open for Thanksgiving dinner. We'd prefer not to eat at a chain, if possible. If you know of a restaurant that will be offering Thanksgiving dinner please let me know. Thanks!!

Dublin, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Restaurants open for Thanksgiving dinner

Here is a link to the 2013 list in Juice a DSM Register Publication

dmjuice.com/eight-restaurants-open-on-thanks…

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Restaurants open for Thanksgiving dinner

we also ate at Mimi's last year and really enjoyed it.

Des Moines, Iowa...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Restaurants open for Thanksgiving dinner

Mimi's Cafe has closed down, I think. It was great, and I hated to see it shuttered. Here is a link to some options open on Thanksgiving in Des Moines: dmjuice.com/find-elaborate-thanksgiving-meal…

USA
Level Contributor
6,989 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Restaurants open for Thanksgiving dinner

Cracker Barrel was open on Thanksgiving, packed, with a 2 1/4 hour wait for a table. I noticed that Granite City was open in Des Moines, a friend had good luck at the Davenport Granite City on Thanksgiving Day. I did not ask if either restaurant took reservations.

15. Re: Restaurants open for Thanksgiving dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2015, 15:15