We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do we park for Natural History Museum?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
270 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Where do we park for Natural History Museum?

We are going to be visiting the Natural History Museum and having lunch at the Atlas Restaurant on our way through Iowa City. Any suggestions where to park? The map on the museum website is very confusing.

Thanks so much!

Julie

6 replies to this topic
USA
Level Contributor
7,048 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where do we park for Natural History Museum?

Their parking map really is useless. This one is excellent and even shows the Natural History Museum: downtowniowacity.com/pages/…parking-maps.php I find Iowa City parking ramps to be handy and reasonable I also found an on street spot on Iowa Avenue not too long ago.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
270 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where do we park for Natural History Museum?

I really hate to ask stupid questions, but what is a parking ramp? (!)

Julie

USA
Level Contributor
7,048 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where do we park for Natural History Museum?

A parking ramp is a special built parking lot in a building with ramps up and down between levels. More cars can be parked on less ground space.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
270 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where do we park for Natural History Museum?

Ohhh. We just call those parking garages! I was picturing just the actual ramps connected to nothing and was very confused. Thanks for explaining and for all of your help!

Julie

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where do we park for Natural History Museum?

Hi Julie - when is your trip to Iowa City? If it's while the University of Iowa classes are still in session, parking will be tough to find as all the students drive into downtown and take most of the street parking. Plus, almost all of the street parking anywhere near the downtown area is metered and most have time limits on them. As hoogo says, you'll be better off finding one of the parking ramps. Agree that the one at Tower Place is likely your best bet.

And welcome to Iowa City!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
270 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where do we park for Natural History Museum?

Well, now we may not be coming until June, but, we will just take the advise we are given and look for the Tower Place garage!

And thank you!

Reply to: Where do we park for Natural History Museum?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Iowa City
More Iowa City Topics