We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar playa mita

england
Level Contributor
97 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar playa mita

Does anybody have any information about the progress of this new hotel we have just booked for may next year

16 replies to this topic
Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
352 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar playa mita

I am wondering about this resort myself as I may book the first week of December. The intro price is very good but I am concerned that the resort may not be ready on time. I have been reading the brochures of Canadian vacation providers and have seen a few pictures. The resort looks fabulous! I noticed on some brochures that say the room safe has an additional fee. If that is the case, I wish they would just add the fee in the room rate.

Also I would like to know how much is a round of golf for resort guests. We have been to the Iberostar in the RM and enjoy the golf course there immensely. Furthermore I would like to know if a new club house has been built. Previous reviews of the golf course mentioned that there wasn't really a club house on site.

I have sent an email on the Iberostar website so hope to have some answers soon. Once I hear I will post what I know if anyone is interested.

Higuera Blanca...
Destination Expert
for Punta de Mita
Level Contributor
871 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar playa mita

Welcome to the Forum. This is a brand new Forum so, be sure to check the Punta Mita Forum as well. I believe Trip Advisor opened it up because of the Iberostar opening soon, which is great but previously, discussion Iberostar progress has been on the Punta Mita Forum.

Also, in case you were wondering, the Travel Alert banner is a mistake on Trip Advisor's part. Punta Mita is app. 5 to 10 minutes by vehicle in one direction and Sayulita about 20 minutes in the other and neither has a Travel Alert. I will write TA a note to the effect so it can be corrected.

I'm not in Mexico at the moment (we're in Canada) but when we left in September, the crews working at Iberostar were full-steam ahead so I would bet it will be ready on time. They have had hundreds of workers there working full-time since Iberostar reactivated the project almost one year ago.

All the best

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
124 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar playa mita

Thank you for your comment on the travel alert. I booked at Iberostar and was worried about this.

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
259 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar playa mita

We have a large group going to this resort in February. Our TA visited the resort just last week to see the progress. She said that most of the work is done (construction) and now it is the clean up and staging the rooms. The furniture is there, but in plastic...that type of thing.

She sent pictures...the pools are ready to be filled and the bars look great!

They believe it will be open on time!!!

england
Level Contributor
97 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar playa mita

Would it be possible to put some pictures up thanks

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar playa mita

I was talking to someone from Iberostar on their live chat ,and they still told me that all is a go for Dec1 opening so we shall see.

iberostar.com/en/iberostar-playa-mita-coming…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar playa mita

Really curious to know how things are progressing? I see they have hired hotel staff. Does this mean they are good to go for December? Has anyone seen recent pictures? Google satellite images look old.

Claremont...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar playa mita

I booked at the Iberostar for XMAS week. Hope they have staff ready for when i am there. Would hate to have to fetch my own tequilla :). I got a few ariel pictures of the resort i foiund on the internet. Send me an email i will be glad to send them to you.

Calgary, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar playa mita

All the photos on the internet are renderings (very good ones) not real photos unless you really searched the depths of the net and found pictures that I haven't been able to find.

Claremont...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar playa mita

The Resort is scheduled to open on Dec 1st. Hopefully will get some reviews and actual pictures soon after. Are you planning on booking with Iberostar ?

Reply to: Iberostar playa mita
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Higuera Blanca