We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire

Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire

Going back to Gale to the same villa we stayed in last year but instead of airport transfers and taxis we want to hire cars, could anyone recommend the best place to hire from ideally we need a small car and minibus as thedd will be 12 of us

5 replies to this topic
Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
4,096 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire

I would recommend looking at Zest ( formally economycarhire but same people) they use tried and trusted agents over there . **Do not use Goldcar or Airauto !!! ** I always take the extra insurance out which covers tyres glass etc. There is usually a airport tax charge of 15 euro , usually you will be offered to pay a fee upfront for a credit for the toll road ,( transponder in car) if road not used this should be refunded on return of vehicle. Note : Use it once and there is no change given! Hope this helps you get started. Enjoy.

Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire

Thanks and yeah ive been looking around just there is that many and you hear good and bad stories about some and i read about the toll charges and the airport tax when you book but will definatley have a look at them thankyou

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
6,166 posts
649 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire

Email Travelrent and Drive4fun, both these are great local companies, they are based on an airport car park and trustworthy companies. They will get back to you usually within 24 hours with a price.

Both these companies provide vehicles with prepaid transponders, so you don't have to worry about tolls.

Skelmersdale...
Level Contributor
314 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire

I can recommend Zitauto. I have used them for the past two years and booked again for this summer. Always a good price and customer service and no rip offs.

Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire

Did u just have email contact with them and have to give them all the details and did the person you put down as main driver need to have a credit card or did u just pay cash on arrival

Reply to: Car hire
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Faro District