We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ingalls homestead

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,906 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
Ingalls homestead

I am researching Laura Ingalls sites in preparation for a possible trip to see them. The Little House on the Prairie home site is on the list. I am trying to get an idea how long we would need to spend there in order to really see everything we could. It is looking like maybe half a day, but I would love to hear if that would be too much? or not enough time?

Has anyone done this?

Edited: 19 January 2012, 19:02
3 replies to this topic
Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,791 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ingalls homestead

Way too much time. With the exception of the three one day events they host through the season, an hour is pleanty of time to see everything and do the gift shop.

The photographs on this page show pretty much everything there is to see kansastravel.org/littlehouseontheprairie.htm

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,906 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ingalls homestead

Thanks for the response. Hmmm it is a long way to travel for an hour. :-)

But it needs to be seen if we are going to do it right.

Thanks for the link as well.

Is there anything else in the near vicinity worth visiting as long as we are in the neighborhood? We would be coming from Omaha and heading to Mansfield.

kansas
Level Contributor
968 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ingalls homestead

We also made a stop on our way to Table Rock and since I have been a fan of the books since I was a kid I felt it was worth the time....my husband not so much! :) An hour is plenty of time, but I liked seeing it in person.

There is a Dalton museum in Coffeyville that we also stopped at that was interesting. The Precious Moments place in Carthage Mo is interesting if you like them. Mansfield is really fun it you are a Wilder fan!

Reply to: Ingalls homestead
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Independence