We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best motel or hotel for seniors?

Bismarck, North...
Level Contributor
16 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Best motel or hotel for seniors?

We will be spending a few days in Lawrence, can someone recommend a very clean, quite, with breakfast, must be in a safe area as well. price range $100-$110.

Thank You!

3 replies to this topic
Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,515 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best motel or hotel for seniors?

We've never stayed at any of them since we live in Topeka, but my assumption would be that the Oread or Eldridge would be the nicest properties. Depends on your travel dates and availability of the hotels as far as the cost per night. Do you have memberships with any of the chains? If so, that could also make a difference with the rates for you. I've never felt unsafe in Lawrence but if you narrow your search to a couple properties, just reply back to this post since those of us who are familiar with Lawrence can verify if your choice is a good one for the area of the city :)

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,813 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best motel or hotel for seniors?

And it has been too long since I stayed in Lawrence, place change.

That said, none of the hotels are in an unsafe area. It is a nice college town.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Lawrence
Level Contributor
236 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best motel or hotel for seniors?

All of the hotels are safe.

The recommendation for the right hotel dependant where you want to be close to.

The Eldridge is right in the middle of downtown preventing the need to drive, and Spring Hill Marriott is there as well.

You have a variety of other hotels all in safe areas but all will require driving around town.

The Holiday inn express is next to the big shopping area (walmart, target, kohls and the like)

The Hampton inn, holiday inn, Virginia inn are all fine but require driving

Reply to: Best motel or hotel for seniors?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted