We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel close to Intrust Bank Arena

Kansas City
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel close to Intrust Bank Arena

Hello there,

My hubby and I are heading to Wichita for a concert at Intrust Bank Arena. Is there a nice hotel within walking distance? Is that a safe area to walk in at night? Thanks so much!

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
112 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel close to Intrust Bank Arena

http://wichita.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Easily walkable to the arena, and a nice restaurant and bar onsite.

The area is safe and you can have a nice walk along the river. Walk north a bit in the evening and you can catch the lighting ceremony at the Keeper of the Plains.

wichita,ks
Destination Expert
for Wichita
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel close to Intrust Bank Arena

www.ambassadorhotelcollection.com is a new hotel that is the closest to the arena, about a 10 minute walk. There is also the Drury Plaza-Broadview, which is a very nice hotel, about two blocks farther away than the Ambassador. You should encounter no safety problems, especially on the night of a concert, as there will be other people walking in the area.

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
112 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel close to Intrust Bank Arena

Thanks patrickh, that's really cool.

I haven't been downtown in a while and had no idea that building was being converted to a hotel. I'm going to make a point of driving by to check it out.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,791 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel close to Intrust Bank Arena

When you price the Hyatt, remember that they will be charging additional fees for things like parking and internet. They added $22/day to the price and that was a few years ago, so they may be higher.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel close to Intrust Bank Arena

Thank you so much for your replies! I checked all of those hotels, and they are all booked. :-( Maybe there is a convention in town or something? I am going to look for a B&B. Thank you again for your tips!

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
112 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel close to Intrust Bank Arena

I'll take a wild guess and assume you're coming for the James Taylor concert on the 20th.

The Courtyard in Old Town has rooms available from the 18th through the 25th (I just picked the dates at random).

marriott.com/hotels/…

It's a slightly longer walk but still very doable.

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Wichita
Level Contributor
675 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel close to Intrust Bank Arena

What about Hotel at Waterwalk or Wyndham Garden. For walking to the arena, I would look at Wyndham.

8. Re: Hotel close to Intrust Bank Arena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2015, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Wichita