We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

so worried

dyersburg tn
1 post
Save Topic
so worried

My son left 2 weeks ago for boot camp at fort knoxs ky he just now

getting to start he was in reception for two weeks, i'm scared to death for him. i would like to get some idea of when i can plan on seeing him and when he may graduation and how long after boot camp will it be before his graduation.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
768 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: so worried

I'm sorry but I don't think you will find that kind of information on this website, as it is mainly for travel planning. You may just have to call Fort Knox directly. Hats off to him for serving our country. I hope he comes home safe.

Cadiz, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: so worried

I think if you Google "Military support sites" or something similar, you may find a place with your answers. I know there are LOTS of military support websites for people in the same situation as you. Good luck!! (I've been there/done that!)

Bluegrass of...
Level Contributor
62 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: so worried

http://www.knox.army.mil/newcomer.htm This is Ft. Knox's website with contact information. I believe there is a link from this page for families.

Bluegrass of...
Level Contributor
62 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: so worried

To contact the Fort Knox Public Affairs Office call 502-624-7451

or

E-mail knox.pao@conus.army.mil

Bluegrass of...
Level Contributor
62 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: so worried

Here is a link for the Personnel Services Branch with further contact information.

www.knox.army.mil/garrison/AG/MPD/IOP.htm

militarywife1981
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: so worried

My fiance was in boot camp for a total of 14 weeks. You can go to the website for Fort Knox, and it will give you info on who to call. They also send out info about graduation. He will be able to call you after the first few weeks once a week as long as he is not in the field training.

God Bless your son for what he is doing. Being on the other side it is hard being away from them, but he will be for the better. Tell him to keep his mouth shut and just do what he is told he will be fine.

Sincerly,

Kristin S.

PS need a corspondent or just need to talk about your fears,

kmspear1981@yahoo.com

7. Re: so worried

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Fort Knox
More Fort Knox Topics