We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary trip to Land between the Lakes

Bloomington, Indiana
6 posts
Save Topic
Anniversary trip to Land between the Lakes

My husband and I will be traveling to Kentucky this April for our 21st anniversary. Where are the best places to stay in the Land between the Lakes area?

Thanks in advance! :)

Cadiz, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary trip to Land between the Lakes

My favorite is Lake Barkley Lodge - all the rooms face the water, and it's really a beautiful spot! The other state parks (Kenlake and Kentucky Dam Village) are also nice, but my personal preference is Barkley. Kentucky Dam Village is the closest to Grand Rivers, if that is important - and you sure don't want to miss eating at Patti's in that area! I just don't think there are any private accomodations in our area that come close to our state resort parks. I'd definitely recommend making reservations ASAP!!

Bloomington, Indiana
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary trip to Land between the Lakes

Thanks cjnky!

I will definitely look into the Lake Barkley Lodge.

Do you know anything about the Cozy Cove Waterfront Resort in Benton?

Thanks!

Cadiz, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary trip to Land between the Lakes

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that one. I can ask around if you want me to.

Bloomington, Indiana
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anniversary trip to Land between the Lakes

Thanks for your kind offer cjnky. It won't be neccesary though. We decided to stay at the Lake Barkley Lodge - thanks for the great tip!

Kuttawa, Kentucky
Level Contributor
168 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anniversary trip to Land between the Lakes

Hi,

I think you made a good choice. Barkley Lodge is the nicest of the three State Parks located within minutes of each of LBL's entrances. They also have a very good Seafood Buffet on the week-end. I can't remember if it is Friday or Sat. night. But we drive 30 minutes to eat there. Crab legs!

I work in LBL at the North Welcome Station. Maybe I will get to see you! Enjoy your trip!

Indiana
Level Contributor
171 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anniversary trip to Land between the Lakes

If you'd like some good southern cooking one night, I recommend trying the buffet at the Kentucky Dam Village Lodge. I've eaten there several times and it is really good food!

Bloomington, Indiana
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anniversary trip to Land between the Lakes

Thanks everyone!

If the hospitality at LBL is anything like the kind I'm receiving on this site we are going to have a great anniversary vacation!

Kuttawa, Kentucky
Level Contributor
168 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anniversary trip to Land between the Lakes

When will you be here?

I do agree with the first poster...you must eat at Patti's 1880's Restaurant in Grand Rivers while you are here. They have a website you can check out. Just do a search for Patti's 1880's Settlement. Grand Rivers also has a Branson style theater that has shows on Friday and Saturday nights.

Also, if you need a quick lunch, Knoth's Bar-B-Que is really good. Southern style hickory pit pulled pork sandwiches. The plates come with fries and cole slaw. A local family owned business in operation over 40 years. They are packed on Friday and Saturday nights.

Have fun! It's beginning to look like spring down here!

Indiana
Level Contributor
171 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anniversary trip to Land between the Lakes

I second the Knoth's BBQ suggestion! I eat it almost every time I visit the area (about 4 times a year).

Bloomington, Indiana
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Anniversary trip to Land between the Lakes

We will be arriving on April 18th..........I'm counting down the days :)

Thanks for the BBQ suggestion, my husband was definitely wanting some.

We were in Paducah last year for a wonderful BBQ festival on the river. The last day of our vacation we explored the area and came across Patti's. Unfortunately the wait was over an hour and we didn't stay. Hopefully we can get reservations this time!

How far is Patti's from the Lake Barkley Lodge?

Thanks guys for all your help! If you ever travel to Bloomington let me know. I have lived here for over 30 years and have lots of favorites.

Get answers to your questions about Grand Rivers