We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jonathan - Metropol - The Merrick Inn

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,845 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Jonathan - Metropol - The Merrick Inn

For those who have dined at all three of these Lexington restaurants, (Jonathan, Metropol, Merrick Inn), how would you rank them by preference?

1. __________________

2. __________________

3. __________________

Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for Louisville
Level Contributor
1,954 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Jonathan - Metropol - The Merrick Inn

That's weird. The first time I had pan seared ahi tuna was at Jonathan's. They served it in a barbeque sauce over corn meal patties. I usually order vegetarian food but eat fish on occasion. It was fabulous. Still, ahi tuna must be perfectly prepared and fresh to be acceptable. I would definitely mention this to your waiter or maitre d' as there may have been a problem with the supplier, not the chef. Sorry about your experience.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Jonathan - Metropol - The Merrick Inn

Is Jonathan's better at dinner? We went there last week for lunch and found the food to be very mediocre, and the service was horrible. Just wondering, since everyone is raving about it, maybe it's better at another time of day?

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,845 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Jonathan - Metropol - The Merrick Inn

My enthusiasm for Jonathan's has waned a bit lately. I don't know if it's me or them.....

24. Re: Jonathan - Metropol - The Merrick Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 01:17