We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Average Temperatures

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Average Temperatures

Hi,

We plan on visiting Lexington in April/May 2008. Can anyone tell me what the average temp. is for that time of year?

Thanks for your help.

Lexington Ky
Level Contributor
352 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Average Temperatures

It can vary significantly from day to day. Bring clothes for both cool and warm weather (think layers).

I'm not trying to be vague but the old saying about the weather in Ky is that if you don't like it just wait a day!

We had 70 degree weather here a few days ago and snow is predicted for this coming weekend. See what I mean?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Average Temperatures

Lexingtongal,

Thanks so much for the info.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
346 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Average Temperatures

It is definitely too soon to tell. Check a week before you come and that should be a fairly accurate account. There have been instances where it snowed in early May, and then we had 70 degrees the other day in January. Typically, the high should be around 60 to 65 and the lows around 40 to 45 for the time you are planning to visit.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
243 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Average Temperatures

I would think that the average temp around that time is 60-65 as well. (Possibly higher, and possibly lower)

It is very unpredictable!

What do you plan on doing while in Lexington?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Average Temperatures

Saboqq01,

Thanks for the info.

We will be staying in Lexington for 2-3 weeks which also includes ticket/package for the Kentucky Derby weekend.

If you have any info. as to what to do and see in Lexington that would be great, including any shopping centers. I know there is the Keeneland Racing Track. We will be staying at the Radisson in Lexington.

Thank you.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
86 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Average Temperatures

Alannis,

I would definately go to both Keeneland and the Kentucky Horse Park. Also, take a short drive to the town of Midway. They have some really cute shops and good restaurants. Equus Run Vineyard is located there too. Another short drive away is city of Versailles. Here you can see and tour Woodford Reserve Distillery...makers of wonderful Kentucky bourbon. Wallace Station is a really cute place for lunch in Versailles too. Downtown Lex has several really good restaurants that are close to the Raddison. Also, check out the Kentucky Theater downtown too. Every Monday they do what's called Woodsongs. A live broadcast of folky/bluegrass/blues type music from the theater. Fun thing to do if you've never been a part of anything like that before.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Average Temperatures

According to the Weather channel, the average daily high on May 1 is 70 and the average daily low is 50.

weather.com/weather/…USKY1079

Noticeably warmer than the 60 and 38 of Toronto.

weather.com/outlook/…CAXX0504

It should be a pretty time with lots of flowers, shrubs, and trees in bloom.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
243 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Average Temperatures

There are several shopping mall type areas in Lexington. Over on Nicholasville Rd there is the Fayette Mall and another shopping center next to it that is new.

The Pub is in that shopping center! Highly recommended!

Also on the opposite side of the Fayette Mall is the Lexington Green shopping center. Joseph Beth Booksellers is located there and is a must see for the booklover! 2 floors of goodness! They have many other things besides books and also has shops and restaurants inside. I enjoy the Ruby Tuesday in Joseph Beth, as it overlooks a pond area with fountains...tables outside around the fountains as well. Very nice.

And on Man O' War you have Hamburg Place with a large variet of chain stores and restaurants.

About an an hour from Lexington on the mountain parkway is Natural Bridge State Park. It is BEAUTIFUL!! If you enjoy hiking and natural beauty this place is for you!

You can also arrange for a carriage ride through downtown Lexington.

I suggest you visit:

http://www.visitlex.com/attractions.html

Has a great list of sites and attractions!!

Have a wonderful trip!

9. Re: Average Temperatures

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 19:16