We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Lexington Kentucky

upstate NY
Level Contributor
475 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in Lexington Kentucky

We'll be in LEX for Christmas week to visit family. But would love to do some touristy things too. Any suggestions.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Lexington Kentucky

Be sure to check out Southern Lights at the Kentucky Horse Park! It is a four-mile route through the park with animated light displays. There are four historic homes in Lexington: Ashland, the Henry Clay Estate, Mary Todd Lincoln House, Waveland State Historic Site and Hunt-Morgan House. They usually do candlelight tours and decorate the homes for the holidays.

Is there anything in particular you are interested in doing? There are many things to do in Lexington and around the area!

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
346 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Lexington Kentucky

I would suggest checking out a movie at The Kentucky Theater downtown also. During the holidays, they usually show classic holiday films and it is a wonderful place to see any movie. It is downtown and the theater is from the 1920's and I always have a wonderful experience. You could also have a nice dinner at a nearby restaurant like Natasha's or Portofino that are very short walking distance. Whatever you do, I hope you have a great time.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,848 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Lexington Kentucky

I was also thinking of The Kentucky Theatre but georgeglass beat me to it... One of my favorite places in Lexington.

I assume your LEX family will have plenty for you to do.....

michigan
Level Contributor
343 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas in Lexington Kentucky

I think our family may meet up for a weekend in Lexington in Nov or early Dec (it is halfway drive for some of us).

Wondering where to stay/what area of lexington to take advantage of some of the activities you all listed above? Probably would like to stay in Hilton family so we can use points (Embassy Suites, Hilton, Hampton Inn,)

Thanks for any help.

upstate NY
Level Contributor
475 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas in Lexington Kentucky

We used priceline, put in our dates for LEX and chose area 1 ( we wanted to be downtown) and then said 3 1/2 star or above and bid $40 a night. We got the Hyatt Regency! At that price, I save my points.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas in Lexington Kentucky

There is an Embassy Suites off I-75 exit 115 and Fairfield Inn off exit 110. Embassy Suites is closer to the Kentucky Horse Park (about a 5-10 minute drive). If you wanted to stay downtown, the hotel that was the Radisson is now the Lexington Downtown Hotel by Hilton. It is very close to the Mary Todd Lincoln House, the Henry Clay Estate and Kentucky Theater.

Lexington Ky
Level Contributor
360 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas in Lexington Kentucky

I would recommend staying downtown. There are many nice restaurants and bars downtown. Embassy Suites is kind of isolated and is more of an interstate hotel.

Also, Triangle Park will have the city Christmas tree and is festive.

8. Re: Christmas in Lexington Kentucky

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Lexington