We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking Downtown

Which Lexington hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
Level Contributor
52 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Parking Downtown

My husband and I are staying at the Springhill Suites this Friday. From what I've seen, it's better to drive into downtown than to walk. Is there lots of parking available downtown? How expensive is it? We are thinking we'll probably spend a lot of time just exploring the downtown area (we're thinking of moving there), then going up to Main st. for the parade and holiday lights and all that, then going to dinner. Any suggestions for where to eat or things to make sure we see?

Thanks!

lexington
Level Contributor
220 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking Downtown

Parking should not be a problem on Friday. I would suggest parking at the Festival Market/Victorian Square parking structure. I assume that is the Springhill on South Broadway. If so, just make a left onto Broadway coming out of your hotel and head downtown. As you cross Main Street (with Rupp Arena on your left), get in the right hand lane and make the next right onto Short St. The entrance to the garage will be on your right.

That would be preferable to street parking, as meter parking is $1.00 per hour with a two hour limit. STRICTLY ENFORCED.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
357 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking Downtown

After 5 and on the weekends, except during special events, you can park in metered spaces for free. If you wanted to walk downtown on Saturday, that would be an option for you. During the Christmas parade, there will be special event parking and depending on where you park, it could range from $5 or $6 to $10.

As far as eating downtown and other things to do, go to: www.visitlex.com/idea/downtown.php

3. Re: Parking Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Lexington