We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

downtown hotels in Oct

Level Contributor
6 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
downtown hotels in Oct

I have tried to book a downtown hotel (Hyatt or Hilton) for either the weekend of Oct 15 or Oct 22 and both hotels appear to be full. Does anyone know what is going on besides Keeneland. We have never had trouble getting a room before and we have come at least once every meet.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
383 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: downtown hotels in Oct

This October is busy!!! The World Equestrian Games are September 25-October 10, so some people will still be lingering around from the Games on the 15. October 22 is the weekend of the 2nd annual Bourbon Chase, which ends in Triangle Park, so teams and their families are staying downtown. Plus, Giada De Laurentiis will be here for the 2nd annual IncrEDBLE Food Show at the Lexington Convention Center (next to the Hyatt). I would suggest calling some of the hotels you are interested in staying in.

Level Contributor
220 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: downtown hotels in Oct

Going to be a tall order to find anything downtown for those weekends. There are UK home football games both weekends in addition to Keeneland and the WEG. You might try the Gratz Park Inn. Other than that, you better look to the 'burbs or one of the towns surrounding Lexington like Georgetown or Richmond.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
346 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: downtown hotels in Oct

I would suggest the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Lexington Northeast. It is located in a new development (Townley Center) off Leestown Rd. You would be right at New Circle which would allow you easy access to get to Keeneland and it is only a few minutes down Leestown to get to downtown as Leestown becomes Main Street. The hotel is almost brand new and the development surrounding is attractive IMO. Mostly chain type fare, but there are a few restaurants there.

I checked and they have rooms for the 22nd.

Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: downtown hotels in Oct

Only thing I will add is it dounds like all the hotels are not going to be completely booked as they originally thought.. several months ago they were saying Lexington would not have enough rooms now local paper is saying they are only 60% booked overall... but the prices have been bumped up... I would just call around and you might even consider staying somewhere near by like Winchester, Frankfort or even Louisville if you don't mind driving.

BTW... I recommend Ramsey's for dining they are local resturant with home cooking that is great and reasonable prices.

5. Re: downtown hotels in Oct

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Lexington