We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keeneland general admission

Which Lexington hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Keeneland general admission

We are road tripping for Saturday's races and know it will be packed. I've been before but we stayed in the Kentucky room. This time we have general admission tickets - any tips on the best place to claim a seat or spot to hang out where you can see the track? Thanks! I'm taking first- timers and want them to have a great time!!

Ohio
Level Contributor
247 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keeneland general admission

A lot of this will depend on the weather. If the weather is nice, get there early and stake out one of the benches right in front of the grandstands, as close to the rail as you can get.

lexington
Level Contributor
220 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Keeneland general admission

A couple of suggestions. There are several tables set up next to the grandstand at the very far end, near the finish line. Secondly, there is a smoking section in the grandstand near the clubhouse. If you can tolerate a few people smoking, there are always seats available there. Under any scenario, though, Saturday is a day that you will want to be there early, between 11:00 and 11:30.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
243 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Keeneland general admission

I recommend paying the $5-$10 extra and getting a seat. That way if you have to go to the restroom, bar, or to place bets you don't have to worry about losing your spot and you have a great view. If it rains there is a roof over this area as well.

Ohio
Level Contributor
247 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Keeneland general admission

If you can get a reserved seat, I would recommend. As I mentioned, weather will impact the availability. We were then on Sat and it was pouring rain. We were at the track by 11:50 a and everything reserved was sold out. The first race isn't until 1:15 pm. The earlier you get there, the better chance you will have for a seat.

5. Re: Keeneland general admission

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 14:17