We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer and bourbon

Portland Oregon
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beer and bourbon

Any good brew pubs in town to go along with my bourbon touring?

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beer and bourbon

Pazzo's on Limestone Street (next to UK's campus) has a great selection of beers on tap from all over the world. They also have great pizza. McCarthy's is a fun bar downtown, as is Lynaugh's which is closer to campus on the corner of Euclid and Woodland. Have fun!

Portland Oregon
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Beer and bourbon

thanks but I was hoping for a microbrew place

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beer and bourbon

There use to be a couple (Lexington City Brewery and Holy Grail) when I was in college there several years ago, but I think they've all closed unless there is a new one.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
346 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beer and bourbon

I can't think of one really. I would try contacting Kentucky Ale which is at the corner of Maxwell and High. Alltech is the company that makes Kentucky Ale here in Lexington and I believe you can tour the facility and do tastings. They have one very interesting brew that stores the beer in bourbon barrells to give a hint of bourbon flavor to the beer. Personally, I am not a huge bourbon person, but I really like their other offerings.