We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lexington vs Nashville

usa
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Topic
Lexington vs Nashville

Posted this on the Louisville site, so like to see responses for this area as well. We did the main distilleries in the KY area last year, but spent the night in Nashville and had a blast. We want to enjoy the same type night life, so to speak as we did in Nashville after touring the distills. It wasn't the country music we enjoyed, just walking down Broadway, having a drink, listening to live music, etc. Not being familiar with Louisville, or Lexington area, can we find something similar to Nashville nightlife in either of these two cities? If, yes, what should we be doing? Staying, in order to be in walking distance to the best places?

Big Blue Pedaler
Beer Tastings & Tours, Bike Tours, Private Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours
Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
325 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lexington vs Nashville

Louisville is probably going to be your better bet for this versus Lexington. In Lexington it really depends on the day you'll be here but downtown can be very quiet Sun-Wed. Louisville has 4th Street Live which is similar to what you're looking for I think. the only thing Lexington really has that's similar is Thursday Night Live but I think it's starting to wind down for the season.

usa
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lexington vs Nashville

Thank you! So for a Sat night, the key then is to stay somewhere near 4th St, if that's where all the action is?

Lexington Ky
Level Contributor
360 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lexington vs Nashville

Lexington's downtown has a lot of options. There are 3 hotels and youncan walk to lots of bars and restaurants from any of them. There is also a free trolley and you can take it to Jefferson Street. West 6th brewery is at the end and there are several stops along the way back to Main St. Enoteca is a wine and tapas bar that is really great. Blue Heron has bands. On ShirtnSt there is a dense concentration of bars/music venues.

Edited: 08 October 2013, 02:21
Lexington Ky
Level Contributor
360 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lexington vs Nashville

Make that Short St!

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
373 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lexington vs Nashville

Yes, absolutely, if you are staying Downtown Lexington there are TONS of bars and restaurants that are within walking distance. Start with making a reservation with one of the downtown hotels, Hyatt, Hilton or Gratz Park Inn, all of which have very nice restaurants, bars and music! Go to www.visitlex.com for additional information.

Lexington Convention and Visitors Bureau

usa
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lexington vs Nashville

Unfortunately, Lexington has been ruled out since there are too many big events going on over the weekend, so no rooms available. So I think it's now Louisville this time...

madison, nj
Level Contributor
29 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lexington vs Nashville

Lynn5USA, I have the same question as you about where to stay. Did you enjoy your Louisville stay? I am contemplating btw Lex and Louisville. Thanks for your time.

8. Re: Lexington vs Nashville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Lexington