We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Location to Stay & Nice Restaurant

Which Lexington hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
60 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Best Location to Stay & Nice Restaurant

We are passing through Kentucy on Sun. 24th of Nov. headed east for the Holidays. Wanted to make a quick stop off at two Dist. in the area first Makers Mark then Woodford Resv. Plan to stay in the Lexington area for a nice dinner and evening. Two hotels considering being marriott reward member is Courtyard Keeneland /airport on Wall st. or Courtyard Lexington North on Newtown Ct. Headed East on 64 Mon. Morn. Wanted to stay at a convient location to nice dining. Was hoping to eat at Merrick Inn but it is closed on Sundays. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good location and restaurant(similar to Merrick Inn) in the lexington area for sun. night? Thanks

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
60 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Location to Stay & Nice Restaurant

Would consider downtown Lexington Kentucky restaurants Any suggestions on Jonathan at Gratz Park?

Wausau, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Location to Stay & Nice Restaurant

Its been a few months since I ate there but remember it being very good albeit pricey for my expense account.( $50PP with one drink). I had salmon as my entree and started with scallops, both very good. If you go people will be fairly dressed up e.g. lots of suits, dresses etc. Good Luck!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
60 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Location to Stay & Nice Restaurant

Thanks, for the info... might reconsider

Lexington Ky
Level Contributor
349 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Location to Stay & Nice Restaurant

Jonathons is great. There are numerous other restaurants downtown. What type of food and atmosphere are you lookin for?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
60 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Location to Stay & Nice Restaurant

white table cloth quaint & quiet with very good food. and a nice choice of wines. Have you any information on JW steakhouse at Griffin Gate ? I know that it is not downtown Lexington, but the location seems convient.

thanks

Lexington Ky
Level Contributor
349 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Location to Stay & Nice Restaurant

I haven't eaten at JW's in years. Personally prefer downtown restaurants. Recently ate at House. It is small, intimate, delicious and very reasonable. Reservations are necessary. It's on Limestone across from Sound Bar. Wine selection is limited though. Portofinos has a nice wine selection. Wherever you go you might consider starting out at Enoteca on Jefferson St. The owner is the only female sommelier in Ky. She and her husband also own Wine and Market across the street. On Friday evenings there are free wine tastings from 5:00-7:00.

Edited: 19 November 2013, 02:22
Lexington Ky
Level Contributor
349 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Location to Stay & Nice Restaurant

Sorry just noticed that you are looking for Sunday night. Dudley's is very nice and I believe they are open on Sunday.

8. Re: Best Location to Stay & Nice Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2014, 06:21