We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone watched Thunder from the Rocky's/Buckhead Tent Pa

Which Louisville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
Save Topic
Has anyone watched Thunder from the Rocky's/Buckhead Tent Pa

Wanting to attend the 2014 Thunder Over Louisville, especially if there is a chance the Blue Angels and some other military aircraft are involved. It's been a few years and I really want to check it out again.

Has anyone attended the Rocky's Sub Pub/Buckhead Mountain Grill tent party on the Indiana side of the river? If so, was it worth the price and what is the view like?

Any info about military aircraft this year?

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
142 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone watched Thunder from the Rocky's/Buckhead Tent Pa

Never watched Thunder from the Indiana side but at long as the wind is blowing that way I know they get alot of smoke. Did see today that the Blue Angels will be here for Thunder though.

Level Contributor
1,257 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone watched Thunder from the Rocky's/Buckhead Tent Pa

YES! I did see that the Blues are returning this year! Very jacked about that.

I have watched from the Indiana side many times, especially in the early years, and smoke was not an issue.

I would still love to read thoughts from anyone who has attended the Buckhead's/Rocky's Craft Beer Extravaganza at Thunder and what they think about the crowd size and if you got your bang-for-your-buck..

Brook Park
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone watched Thunder from the Rocky's/Buckhead Tent Pa

Been there several times along with this yr. EXPECT A GREAT TIME!!! Great place to get isolated from large crowds! Closest place to watch the show. B cautious because once u experience this awesome display u will b back for many years to come! Good luck and most importantly ENJOY!! NO were in the US will u see this.

4. Re: Has anyone watched Thunder from the Rocky's/Buckhead Tent Pa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 05:15