We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer Weekend Bachelor Party

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Summer Weekend Bachelor Party

Hi I am hosting a bachelor party in Louisville one weekend this summer. I am somewhat familiar with Louisville being that my friends live there and I am not far away in Indianapolis.

There are ten of us set to go right now and some more plan on joining that evening. I need help finding a few different ideas and places to go.

What is a good golf course for ten people to start the day off at on Saturday? It doesn't have to be an extremely nice course by any means. Just a good day course to go and golf all day and drink. Most of my friends I know live around the St. Matthews area but it shouldn't be a problem to go outside of there. Any suggestions would help?

The plan after that is to go to dinner and then hit the town up. Any nice steakhouses in the area (possibly around 4th St.) I am not even sure if 4th St. is somewhere we should be looking to go. The group of us range from 25-30 so is 4th St. too young of a crowd? We want to go out and have a good time and possibly bar hop as well. We have no problem getting a little rowdy but we don't want to club it up and dance. Is Bardstown Road a better place to go? Downtown?

I know the strip club rules are weird in Kentucky because I lived in Lex for a few years. Are there any around the downtown area that serve alcohol as well?

Last but not least I need to find some good transportation for possibly the whole day and night. Would I be better off looking into a limousine company or a party bus? Does anyone have good suggestions for a couple different companies?

Mentioned in this post
Kentucky
Kentucky
United States
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,640 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer Weekend Bachelor Party

Hubs had his bachelor party golf at Iroquois Park - it's not a "pro" course so what you loose in pretty you also loose in attitude. Jeff Rubys is one of my favorite steak places to hold a party, and they are stumbling distance to 4th street and hotels. If you guys are whiskey drinkers, I would seriously consider Silver Doller for dinner then go bar hopping down Frankfort Ave or Bardstown road.

Mentioned in this post
Iroquois Park
Iroquois Park
150 Reviews
Louisville, KY
Bardstown
Bardstown
Kentucky
2. Re: Summer Weekend Bachelor Party

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 06:16