We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Running in Louisville

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
22 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Running in Louisville

I am hoping to go running one morning while in Louisville. Are there areas in the Louisville Loop that are better to run? Is it safe to run in the morning (starting around 6:30-7:00 AM)? I will be downtown and would love to run outside rather than on a treadmill. Thank you in advance for any info!

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
849 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Running in Louisville

The last 2 times my wife and I stayed in downtown Louisville we ran up along the Riverwalk area. We headed East toward the Big Four bridge and over to the Louisville Rowing Club. Nice place to run. Definately felt safe at 7 am. Plenty of other runners, bikers, and even rowers around.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
22 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Running in Louisville

Thank you so much for your reply! It's great to hear that you found it to be safe. Thank you again!

Wausau, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,508 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Running in Louisville

Its been a few years since I did a run there but last time my run took me by the Yum Center. From there I followed a group across the bridge into Indiana. Once accross we went west to the Falls of the Ohio, then picked up running and biking paths until I hit my split and returned. Very safe and running the bridge was very cool.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
22 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Running in Louisville

Thank you! Love the idea of adding the bridge into my run! Thank you for the tip!

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
142 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Running in Louisville

The bridge by the YUM Center 2nd St Bridge is closed to cars and foot traffic for the next 6 weeks. There is the Big 4 bridge its for walkers and runners the whole waterfront area is totally safe especially at that time of day.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
22 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Running in Louisville

Thank you for the update! That helps tremendously -- and still allows me to include a bridge on my run! Thanks!

7. Re: Running in Louisville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2015, 05:16