We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PGA Championship at Valhalla...

alabama
Level Contributor
41 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
PGA Championship at Valhalla...

Our family will be in town for the PGA event at Valhalla this weekend. We have two children under 8 and wondered what activities would be good for them in and around Louisville. I doubt that they will make it all day at the golf course without us hearing "we're booorrrrred" around a go-zillion times. :) So to keep my husband's sanity alive (I'm leaving him at the golf course), I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks a ton!

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
142 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PGA Championship at Valhalla...

Louisville Slugger museum is kid friendly also there is Kentucky Kingdom.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
231 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PGA Championship at Valhalla...

waterfront park at the river has playgrounds, splash areas & you can walk the Big 4 bridge to Indiana.

check out the Louisville zoo & science center. You can buy a bag of bread & head to Cave Hill Cemetery to feed the swans & ducks.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
49 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PGA Championship at Valhalla...

Hello, coopmama. I hope you enjoy your stay in Louisville! The Louisville area has many kid friendly activities, that I myself enjoy very much. The Louisville Waterfront Park is an award winning park, with many fun things to do. They have a very large playground and a small fountain area to get wet. There are many good restaurants (Joe's Crab Shack, Tumbleweed) around the area, too. You could walk across the Big 4 Bridge into Indiana, which is certainly a fun activity. On Louisville's Fourth Street Wharf you'll see the beautiful steamboat Belle of Louisville, which is the oldest steamboat in USA (Built 1914), and will have a large party on her centennial October 14-19. The Belle offers 2 hours cruises to Six Mile Island and back. This weekend the Belle has a Lunch cruise on Sat. and Sun. Visit BelleofLouisville.org for more info. I enjoyed my cruises, but it is less child friendly than some other things. The Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory is an amazing place, definitely designed for kids and adults alike. It is an amazing place! If you're a baseball fan you can do this and see a Louisville Bats game (AAA Baseball).

Another cool activity children enjoy is Kentucky Kingdom. It's an thrilling theme park, and I've heard many positive things about it. Or, if your children like science, you could even go to the Louisville Science Center.

There are many great activities in Louisville, I hope you enjoy your trip!

alabama
Level Contributor
41 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PGA Championship at Valhalla...

Thanks everyone for the GREAT ideas! Everything sounds perfect for our family (young and old). We can't wait to be there!!!

5. Re: PGA Championship at Valhalla...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2015, 05:17