We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Newport

Tiffin, OH
Level Contributor
95 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in Newport

Heading to Newport with the family for a few days next week. Staying at Hannaford Suites. Planning on hitting the Newport Aquarium. Any other family-friendly must sees?

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
791 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Newport

The "Levee" near the aquarium is a hugely popular new shopping/dining mall, complete with a big movie theater (always a good rainy-day fallback.) For other things to do with the kids, head back across the river for the Cincinnati Zoo, the Museum Center, etc.

Tiffin, OH
Level Contributor
95 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Newport

Thanks for the tips, Spensworld. Think maybe we'll check out the 'Purple people Eater' bridge as well.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Newport

Make sure you dine at the Hofbrauhaus which is within walking distance of the wonderful aquarium.

4. Re: What to do in Newport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2006, 00:40
las vegas
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in Newport

The Newport Stadium is in Walking distance from the Hannaford. Nice place for a family pinic, with play areas. The stadium also, has a basketball court, Tennis court, and track. There are girls soccer games and football games as well to attend if you are interested in high school sports.

Afterwards be sure to stop in Dixie Chili, to have the best cheese coney or 3 way around. Stroll down to 9th and Monmouth Street to Anns IceBall, enjoy one of these great iceballs.

During the fall stop in Sweet tooth Candy for one of the best Carmel apples you'll ever have.

Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do in Newport

I found the most original store I have ever seen, and it's at the Levee (Newport On The Levee). I made an account just to tell you about it, it's called Mango Arts. It is seriously the most unique store ever, at least in my opinion. It's mostly imported art, all handmade with beautiful blown glass, metal sculptures, great pottery, everything. Sorry I'm going on forever, but I love this store and I like to brag about finding it. But Newport On The Levee is great all around, but still Mango Arts is my favorite store ever!

7. Re: What to do in Newport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 21:19
Get answers to your questions about Newport