We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Cumberland - Places to eat?

Ohio
Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Cumberland - Places to eat?

We're going on a family trip in a few weeks and one of our stops is going to be 3 nights at Woodson Bend Resort near Lake Cumberland. Family of 4, 2 kids ages 9 and 4. Any restaurant / must see places to go?? I'd rather avoid chains. Lots of places on the lake to eat? We plan on renting a pontoon one day... Let me know. -Kelly

Tennessee
Level Contributor
28 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Cumberland - Places to eat?

Lee's Ford Marina Restaurant is right on the lake and has been recently renovated and I think it is a great restaurant. It's got good standard fare, with some higher end dishes you wouldn't expect as well. The kids can have burgers chicken or fish and the adults will have a plethora of good dishes to try. Great appetizers, too. Not expensive and easy to get into (there may be a wait on a weekend). Picasso's is in Somerset, just a few miles from the lake, and is also very good. They have excellent lobster (who would think you'd get excellent lobster in Kentucky?) Other than that, you have Applebee's, Cracker Barrel, etc.

One note, they have drastically lowered the levels in Lake Cumberland due to the Wolf Creek Dam issues, so be aware of that ahead of time. I would think it would be smooth overall sailing, but some boat docks have had to close so you might keep that in mind. I am sure the people you are renting the pontoon from can fill you in on that.

Level Contributor
966 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Cumberland - Places to eat?

Hi Kelly ~ I actually live in Somerset ....... I would highly recommend Lee's Ford Marina (it is right on the lake) - the Harbour - great menu selection - cheese dip - yummmmy :) ...........also Reno's is also very good and is really close to where you will be staying.....

Ohio
Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Cumberland - Places to eat?

Thanks guys! I appreciate the input. Can't wait to get there!!

Ohio
Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Cumberland - Places to eat?

Hey Kelly - I hear it's a "dry" county down there. I enjoy an occasional beer with dinner. Are we allowed to bring our own into restaurants? How does that work?

Tennessee
Level Contributor
28 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake Cumberland - Places to eat?

I'm sure Kelly knows the "down low" being from there, but you can take wine into Picasso's. It's actually gone "damp" as the locals say up there. You still need to bring your own with you (the Colonel always brings bourbon and I take a nice wine) b/c I still don't think you can buy over the counter, but SOME of the restaurants are serving wine with the meals.

Kelly??

Level Contributor
966 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lake Cumberland - Places to eat?

you can buy beer at the Harbour ....... also, Picasso's (which is now River House) and also Reno's and the Mexican Restaurant behind it also allow you to purchase alcoholic beverages :)

KY
Level Contributor
147 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lake Cumberland - Places to eat?

I like the Pizza at the Pizza Pub.

Good complete menu at RiverHouse.Also has nice specials.

The local secret for great breakfast will be right under your nose...VIP'S.eXCELLENT bREAKFAST! Also do a good burger.El Taxco is good Mexican as is Elcharro(owned by the same people)

8. Re: Lake Cumberland - Places to eat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 07:22
Get answers to your questions about Somerset
More Somerset Topics