We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids in Breaux Bridge

Ireland
1 post
Save Topic
Kids in Breaux Bridge

Is there much to do for small kids (6 and 4) in the summer in Breaux Bridge and Lafayette?

Mentioned in this post
Lafayette
Lafayette
Lafayette Parish, LA
Champagne's Cajun Swamp Tours
Boat Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Cajun Country Swamp Tours
Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Lake Martin
Bodies of Water
Chicago suburbs
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kids in Breaux Bridge

We spent one night there three and a half years ago with kids who were then 15 and 11. We stayed in a cabin on a bayou, drove over to Lafayette for a short drive around town and then to Martinsville to see the Evangeline stuff, had dinner at Mulate's and took a swamp tour the next morning. We definitely enjoyed it. But it doesn't strike me as an area that would offer a lot for young children. However, Lafayette is a fair sized town so I hope you'll hear from someone more familiar with that area.

Mentioned in this post
Lafayette
Lafayette
Lafayette Parish, LA
Natchitoches, La
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kids in Breaux Bridge

I just moved from Lafayette and for grown ups it is great but not so much for the kids. They have the Kart Ranch which is putt putt golf and go karts, etc. Chuck E. Cheese but to tell you the truth not too much else. Oh they do have the one thing on the ULL campus that is educational. I have never been so I don't know if it is any fun or not. They might would like Acadiana Village but I doubt it. It is a replica of an old cajun village. If you have any other questions let me know. jennifer_delcambre@yahoo.com

Mentioned in this post
Lafayette
Lafayette
Lafayette Parish, LA
Kart Ranch
Kart Ranch
36 Reviews
Lafayette, LA
Crowley, LA
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Kids in Breaux Bridge

There's a children's museum, a planetarium, a zoo (Zoo of Acadiana),. I'm sure there's more but I can't think right now. :-)

There's a travel/visitor's website...and try to locate "the Times of Acadiana" online, lots of current events there, it's published every Wed.

Mentioned in this post
Zoo Of Acadiana
Zoo Of Acadiana
106 Reviews
Broussard, LA
Get answers to your questions about Breaux Bridge
More Breaux Bridge Topics