We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A month in Breaux Bridge.........

Which Breaux Bridge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
153 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
A month in Breaux Bridge.........

Hello everyone:

This coming spring I'd like to take a trip to La,specifi

cally to Breaux Bridge.I travel by RV and I'd like to know what to

do for a whole month.......I heard food in the area is excelent (man

does not live by food alone).I like hiking/walking and to visit interesting towns.Once that I cover the area,where should I head to

other states where I can visit and perhaps stay the rest of the summer?A high location will be perfect to avoid the heat of summer.

Can someone advice about restaurants to visit while in Breaux Bridge?Many Thanks in advance for your recommendations,Dante.

1 reply
Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A month in Breaux Bridge.........

I have visited the area many times but I would not consider myself an expert. I would recommend you contacting Madeleine Cenac who owns Maison Madeleine, a B & B near Lake Martin.

http://maisonmadeleine.com/wordpres/

She knows the area and will make helpful suggestions for your adventure.

Cafe Des Amis is a favorite restaurant in Breaux Bridge. We just discovered Arnaudville last week. Check out Nu Nu's Art Gallery where they have weekly gatherings on Friday evenings with folks from the nearby towns. I understand many folks from Baton Rouge even drive over for their potlucks, French immersion night where only cajun French is spoken, artist discussions, etc.

Downtown Lafayette has certainly come alive with lots of wonderful restaurants as well as the River Ranch area. We loved Couchon, a new sister restaurant of Couchon in New Orleans. Downtown restaurants which are excellent are Tsunami, French Press and a wonderful Spanish tapas restaurant that I cannot remember the name. sorry.

Check this out: lafayettedowntown.org/Images/Interior/lafaye…

The mountains of North Carolina would be a good place to land later in the summer.

Reply to: A month in Breaux Bridge.........
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Breaux Bridge
More Breaux Bridge Topics