We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best family activities with 2 days in Cajun Country?

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
best family activities with 2 days in Cajun Country?

Does anyone have any advice on the best things to do in Cajun Country if we only have a Mon and a Tues? We'll probably set up base in Lafayette or Breaux Bridge. Then, I was thinking of trying to visit Vermillionville and Avery Island, and having dinner each night at one of the restaurants that plays Cajun or Zydeco music. I'll be with my husband and small child. Thanks for your help!

Level Contributor
1,249 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best family activities with 2 days in Cajun Country?

I don't know about Mondays and Tuesdays, but the Liberty Theater in Eunice holds music programs, and the Zydeco museum outside of Eunice also has regular concerts.

Fred's Lounge in Mamou also has wonderful shows.

I'd recommend contacting these people--They'd be happy to help! http://www.cajunfrenchmusic.org/

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
130 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best family activities with 2 days in Cajun Country?

I also always like to recommend going to Cypress Lake on the UL campus. It is a small but wonderful swamp ecosystem that is right in the middle of Lafayette, so very easy to get too.

You can also get the world's best PoBoys from Olde Tyme Grocery (right up the street) and then make a picnic of it. There are swans, turtles, fish, and yes, even alligators, that kids (young and old) will enjoy seeing. Here is the Wikipedia link for it:

Bon Voyage!

3. Re: best family activities with 2 days in Cajun Country?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 17:16
Get answers to your questions about Lafayette
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor