We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aproximate cost to airport, or even better.....

Which Lafayette hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Aproximate cost to airport, or even better.....

Does anybody know aproximately the cost from downtown Lafayette to the airport?

Or, even better, does anybody know of a car rental place that is open past noon on Saturdays?

I'm trying to plan my trip, and would need to return my rental car on Saturday late afternoon/supper time, but I can't find a rental place open past noon except the airport locations. I'm still trying to figure out if I'd be flying home from Lafayette (more expensive) or if it's worth the hassle of going back to New Orleans (by bus) and fly home from there. If I fly out of Lafayette, then returning the car at the airport is no problem but if I fly home from NO, it doesn't seem to make sense to take a cab from downtown (I'd be arriving from NO via Greyhound) to the airport to pick up a car, then return the car and pay a cab to go back downtown.

Oooh, decisions decisions.

Breaux Bridge...
Level Contributor
362 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aproximate cost to airport, or even better.....

I'm checking. I'm guessing that it's pretty inexpensive, around $10.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aproximate cost to airport, or even better.....

Txs, much appreciated.

Breaux Bridge...
Level Contributor
362 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aproximate cost to airport, or even better.....

Hmm.... my Facebook friend says $25.

Have you considered the train from New Orleans to Lafayette? It is slow but pleasant and scenic. And it's downtown to downtown. It's three times a week, MWF west and TuFSu east, if I remember.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aproximate cost to airport, or even better.....

Yeah, I did look at the train schedule (I took the train from NO to Memphis last month, and it was wonderful), but the days don't work out.

5. Re: Aproximate cost to airport, or even better.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2012, 10:20