We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question re Randol's

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,343 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Question re Randol's

I was reading the reviews, and a couple of them leads me to believe that the restaurant and music are seperate areas. If this is correct, I'm assuming you can still hear the music fom the restaurant portion?

Also, the music schedule shows a band by the name of Lafayette Rhythm Devils playing 1 night, and Low Maintenance playing another night. Is 1 band a lot better compared to the other?

Breaux Bridge...
Level Contributor
362 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question re Randol's

Great questions. Because dancers want loud music and diners want softer music, there are two separate areas separated by a partition that is partly open, partly glass (or maybe now all glass?). Every table in the place (except in the bar areas) can see and hear the band. On some nights there is a small additional fee to go on the dance floor, but I think that's just Saturday. The dance floor itself is excellent.

The best food is probably the boiled stuff.

Low Maintenance is a band that took its name in response to another local band, "High Performance." That last name must have sounded a little immodest to some ears, so "Low Maintenance" is a comment in the best Cajun style. They are a band of musicians who are in other (bigger) bands. They are excellent and are particularly strong on vocals. Most band members and both singers speak French and sing it well.

Lafayette Rhythm Devils--they have been around for a while. The fiddler also plays with Feufollet, which has toured up where you live. The bass player, Yvette Landry, plays with a couple of bands that tour internationally, as well. The vocalist's nickname is "Frisson," so you know he's good. The Rhythm Devils are the more established band.

Both are good. You may want to call in advance to make sure the dance floor is open. One reviewer said that someone had rented it out the night they were there.

2. Re: Question re Randol's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 14:41