We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fried soft shell crabs

Junction, Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Fried soft shell crabs

The only ones I've found on a menu are at Julien's Poor-Boys. Any you would recommend in about a 50 mmile radius of Lafayette? I used to stop at the Henderson levee for them.

Vermilionville
Historic Walking Areas
Cathedral of St John the Evangelist
Cemeteries, Sacred & Religious Sites
Acadian Village
Historic Sites, Historic Walking Areas
Breaux Bridge...
Level Contributor
362 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fried soft shell crabs

I was going to suggest Guidry's Reef, just guessing. Today I drove past Guidry's Reef and lo and behold--"Soft Shell Crabs." Which means fried, it goes without saying.

I'd suggest checking Pat's in Henderson. And how could Don's not have them! Because they are seasonal, it's not likely that they will be on a web menu.

Oh, I think I saw something in the paper about Prejean's and ss crabs.

Let us know!

texas hill country
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fried soft shell crabs

You have made my day.

Maybe it's like the little place in Morgan City where the boiled ones were not on the menu "because everyone knows we have them!"

PS -- thanks for the la seafood link. Some of the recipes will be not only delicious but also unique in West Texas.

louisiana
Level Contributor
234 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fried soft shell crabs

Almost any seafood restaurant in Lafayette is sure to have soft shell crab. Below are a few that I know of all within Lafayette...

Jolie's bistro very good

Village cafe river ranch

Dons seafood

Cafe ahnve

Poboy riverside inn

Hope this helps

4. Re: Fried soft shell crabs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2013, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Lafayette