We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 big decision left

Junction, Texas
Level Contributor
342 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
1 big decision left

Can't do both Saturday morning. Should it be the radio show in Eunice or Fred's in Mamou for traditional cajun music? Which is your favorite?

Breaux Bridge...
Level Contributor
362 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 big decision left

The radio show is at 6 pm. Fred's is 9 to noon or thereabouts. It will depend on who's playing. If you have no smoke tolerance, skip Fred's. The show at the Liberty is in a big, old theatre. There were probably vaudeville shows there at one time.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,444 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 big decision left

Fred's is a great experience! People drinking, dancing, partying, all at 9, 10am in the morning. Definitely worth the drive to Mamou, and it's a very pretty drive on top of it.

Yes, smoking is allowed at Fred's, but when I was there last October, they had a pretty powerful fan going so unless you're sitting next to someone who's smoking, shouldn't be too much of a problem (unless of health problems of course).

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,444 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 big decision left

That should say I was there this past April, not last October. Getting my vacations mixed up. :)

4. Re: 1 big decision left

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Lafayette