We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

outdoor dining?

Longview, Tx
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Topic
outdoor dining?

going to Shreveport for the weekend. would like to find a restaurant with nice outdoor dining to take advantage of the nice cool weather - outdoor patio or outdoor fireplace or something like that. any suggestions?

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,379 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: outdoor dining?

I'd be curious about this too. Or any great local casual restaurants? Not looking for a chain, but seafood, southern food, or Mexican food? Would love any local recommendations.

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: outdoor dining?

Oddly enough, shreveport doesn't have a surplus of restraunts with patios.

There are a handful of local restraunts that do come to mind:

Superior grill (mexican food) has an indoor patio--when the weather is nice they open it up, so it is basically like being outside; down the street there is Byronz Bistro, i THINK they have a patio; down from that is the Oyster Bar and Superior Steakhouse both have patios. And down from there is Wine Country and Guiseppe's again with patios.

all of those places are local restraunts and they are all located on LINE AVE.

Now, the boardwalk in bossier has patio seating...but it is more chain stuff.

hope that helps!

Napa, California
Level Contributor
217 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: outdoor dining?

Superior is a grat recommendation. Also, Herbie K's has a nice patio, and the shrimpbuster po-boy is great.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: outdoor dining?

Superior Grill is a chain, if 4 locations qualify as a chain. That having been said, it doesn't feel like a chain. The ambiance, food, and service are usually very good. You can probably deduce that I'm also a fan of Superior Grill.

Byronz Bistro is another small chain, with three locations. I've eaten at their Baton Rouge location, and the food and service were both superb.

Edited: 22 February 2010, 01:11
Shreveport, LA
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: outdoor dining?

Love Bistro, Hate Superior Bar and Grill(unless you enjoy sub par food, and smelling like fajitas for the rest of the night. was not impressed with the service either, or the wait time.

Florida
Level Contributor
121 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: outdoor dining?

check out http://savoringshreveport.wordpress.com/

A great resource for dining reviews; and if there isn't a review out write the author of the blog and I'm sure she might be able to recommend one.

Shreveport
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: outdoor dining?

Olive Street Bistro has a small but nice patio for dining. The food is Italian but nothing like what you get in a chain restaurant (its MUCH better). The service is always good as well.

8. Re: outdoor dining?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2010, 05:15