We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore or Bali?

Suffolk
Level Contributor
13 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Singapore or Bali?

My partner and I are planning a 'round the world' trip next year. We will be starting in London and I wanted to spend a week in Bali before flying to Darwin but have found out that we need to fly via Singapore. Is it worth stopping off in Singapore for a few days either as well as going to Bali or instead of. I have really set my heart on Bali and although it won't add much to the cost it will mean a bit of travelling back and forth. We are both nearing our 60th birthdays (hence the trip) and much prefer scenery and culture to shopping.

AR
Level Contributor
3,577 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singapore or Bali?

You have posted in the New Orleans, Louisiana, USA forum.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
14,924 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Singapore or Bali?

Yep - somehow this got posted on the Louisiana board. At any rate, Singapore and Bali make a great combination. Singapore is a great city and has a lot of flights in and out, so very easy to get to. Bali is only a few hour flight from there. I don't like shopping either and I loved Singapore.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
191 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Singapore or Bali?

Been to Singapore twice now and love it there. Even if you did do Bali, which is a nice destination in itself, I'd do it in combo using Singapore as a base as it's not far from there flight wise. If you've never been to Singapore and love food and even just a hint of shopping, I'd stay a day or two in Singapore since it appears you may be flying through there regardless. The orchids and other flowers were beautiful in March/April when I went the first time, whereas in January the second time they were non-existent. So time of year may matter to you as well.

4. Re: Singapore or Bali?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Start