We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hollywood Slots

Which Bangor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
14 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Hollywood Slots

I've tried to find out some info about this but I don't see it listed any where. Has anyone gone here? Is it fun, do they give you free drinks like Vegas? Thanks.

Maine
Level Contributor
756 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hollywood Slots

Well I have never been there myself but I know several people that go there all the time. I do not know specifically if they give free drinks though. Everyone that goes says they love it but then again it is the only thing of its nature in the area. Currently it occupies the old Miller's restaraunt building but soon will be in a new building. They are constructing a large complex near the waterfront on the site of a couple of former hotels. It looks like it is going to be quite a set up with restaraunts and a hotel. In case you ddin't already find it here is a link to their website.

www.hollywoodslotsatbangor.com/index.shtml

Bangor, Maine
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hollywood Slots

No Free Drinks! : (

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
640 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hollywood Slots

Hollywood Slots is fun, but its just slots no table games in the State of Maine the voters here perfer to send that lucrative business to CT and the previous post is correct no free drinks.

LJR
Saco, Maine
Level Contributor
344 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hollywood Slots

Dont waste your hard earned money!!!

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,606 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hollywood Slots

LJR: Can you elaborate? Are you a gambler and it was no fun, or do you not like gambling? We enjoy Vegas, but did not like Foxwoods, so I'm curious about what you didn't like, as we haven't been there.

LJR
Saco, Maine
Level Contributor
344 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hollywood Slots

We have been to Vegas, loved it. Prefer Mohegan Sun to Foxwoods. No we are not big gambelers. It was the atmosphere there. And the surroundings. I could only think of alot of locals spending there hard earned cash looking for the big payout. Probably not there!!!

maine
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Hollywood Slots

No free drinks. Thats OK. I'll pay for my drinks but when you can't ger your car back???? We had an evening at the slots. dropped a few bucks but expected too. Asked for my car,just a garden variety Passat. Valet went to get it. long wait no car. inquired Lady Valet couldn't start it. I saw where she had parked it so I walked over. "how do you start this car?" I didn't feel like giving her a driving lesson so asked her to get out and I would just take the car. She couldn't do that she had to deliver it to the front. I walked away with her yelling at me to show her how to start it. Another Valet came to her rescue and I watched him set off the alarm system. He did get our car. I game him a modest tip and stated we won't be back. His response was,"GOOD" OK, truely a classy place. The sound stage is very loud and distractiong.

Maine
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Hollywood Slots

I live in Maine and go there all the time. Always have a good time. Used to go to Foxwoods but is just to far. Nice Hotel at $49 per person. If you only like to play slots, it will be worth the ride up.

Lewiston, Maine
Level Contributor
66 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hollywood Slots

Hollywood Slots is a one room facility with a hotel attached and another hotel just across the street in the heart of Bangor. No free drinks.

It is free to park your own car in the garage. It is not a huge facility and you will tire of it after 2-4 hours. It is nothing like Vegas, more like Mohegan Sun or Foxwoods without the table games. Slots range for 1¢ to $10 tops. There is only one restaurant (overpriced buffet) and one cafe (overpriced sandwiches/desserts).

Remember Maine is not a densely populated state (only 1.3 million in the ENTIRE state - population of Bangor is probably 25-30 thousand) so our state can't support the amount of gaming Las Vegas or even remote areas of Conneticutt can.

10. Re: Hollywood Slots

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 00:19
Get answers to your questions about Bangor