We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Men's Clothing Store (Suits)

Eastern Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Men's Clothing Store (Suits)

I'll be driving to Bangor, Maine to take a flight. I'm looking at buying mid to higher end suits ($300 plus). Other than JC Penny, Macy's and other similar stores, I can't find a suit only store in or around the city. I'm not looking for custom made suits because I won't have time.

Also, other than Men's Warehouse, is there anything else in Portland, Maine (I'm willing to drive there)?

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,882 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Men's Clothing Store (Suits)

Sorry.....it's a sad, sad commentary on today's society and buying habits, but I think you've run up against an economic reality in Bangor these days -- the good menswear stores are gone! As far as I know, the only choices in Bangor these days are the chain-department-store types you've already mentioned.

Don't want to get too nostalgic, but when I was growing up in the Bangor area, there were at least half a dozen choices and we used to price-shop between them to get the best deal. Sleeper's, Freese's, John Paul....all just memories and downtown redevelopment victims. Sorry....

Central Maine
Level Contributor
451 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Men's Clothing Store (Suits)

Men's Wearhouse and Macy's are good ideas.

In Freeport there is Ralph Lauren and Brooks Bros outlets

In Old Port area of Portland is David Wood Clothiers and Joseph's (which may be too high-end)

Hampden, Maine
Level Contributor
123 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Men's Clothing Store (Suits)

Best Bib & Tucker in downtown Bangor sells suits.

4. Re: Men's Clothing Store (Suits)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2010, 09:00
Get answers to your questions about Bangor