We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a trip

England
Level Contributor
32 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Planning a trip

I'm planning a trip which is part of a project i'm doing called Project America.

I'm looking for some information on the best place to stay in Bangor, which is accessible and close to amenities.

Also if anyone has any information on groups or organisations that deal with young people with disabilities then please get in touch.

Also looking for individuals or families with disabilities.

www.disabilitymadeeasy.co.uk/project-america

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a trip

I am pretty sure that all hotels in Bangor offer accessible rooms. I know for sure that the Country Inn at the Mall does, because we stayed in it. http://www.countryinnatthemall.net/ It is close to the Bangor Mall, and there several restaurants in the area.

Maine tourism http://www.maine.info/statemainetourism.php should help with any other questions.

Bradley, Maine
Level Contributor
685 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a trip

What type of amenities are you wanting to be near? Bangor is pretty spread out geographically although easily drivable, a hint as to what you are plannng to be doing or preferences for type of dining etc may help me point you in the right direction.

England
Level Contributor
32 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning a trip

Thank you both for your reply.

I will only be staying in Bangor for a couple of nights and won't be at the hotel during the day as will be meeting people.

So I'm looking for an area where I can easily pop to a restaurant (a cheapish establishment) in the evening or if it comes to it, just purchase some snacks at a supermarket.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning a trip

The Country Inn at the Mall offers a free continental breakfast in their rate. There are lots of restaurants nearby to choose from and there is a Walmart Supercenter almost adjacent to the hotel which would offer snacks and some ready to eat items. The hotel also offers 24 hr coffee/tea in the lobby.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning a trip

The Country Inn at the Mall includes a continental breakfast in their rate. There is coffee/tea available 24 hr in the lobby.

There are lots of restaurants close by and there is a Walmart Supercenter almost adjacent to the hotel which would have snack items as well as ready to eat items as well.

6. Re: Planning a trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Bangor