We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions on where to stay for Christmas shopping trip?

Which Bath hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New England
Level Contributor
33 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions on where to stay for Christmas shopping trip?

Hi everyone,

We live in Warwick, RI and want to take a couple of days and come up to Maine for some shopping (and relaxation!).

Ideally in a charming town not too much farther north than Bath or so. While we might stop in Freeport for some of that type of shopping, it's not my focus. I much prefer the mom and pop type of stores on main street with lots of variety, cafes, etc. No malls please! lol

We'll be spending a night or two also, hopefully in a moderately priced inn, but we'll see where we end up and what the prices are.

Any suggestions on where we should center our trip? Bath, Brunswick, Portland all seem like possiblities. Any other hidden gems?

Thanks so much for any help. Oh, we'll be heading up the first or second weekend in Dec. Thanks again!

Gail

2 replies to this topic
Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,678 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions on where to stay for Christmas shopping trip?

I would definitely suggest checking out the shops in Portland - a lot of variety. Since you'll be here the first or second weekend in December, you could try Christmas Prelude In Kennebunk and Kennbunkport:

christmasprelude.com/schedule_of_events.htm

or Sparkle Weekend in Freeport:

freeportusa.com/events/…

New England
Level Contributor
33 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions on where to stay for Christmas shopping trip?

thanks! those look like great ideas!

Reply to: Suggestions on where to stay for Christmas shopping trip?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bath